Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
CSTEP at a Glance
What is CSTEP?
CSTEP is a University Program that provides academic support services and enrichment activities to undergraduate students inter-ested in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, health related fields or careers in licensed professions. Students are preparedto pursue higher studies and research in the STEM fields.
How can I become part of CSTEP?
Complete the application and hand it to the CSTEP Program Coordinator in Room 144, Lupton Hall.
Download the application.
What are the requirements to become a member of CSTEP?
- Be enrolled in a degree program at Farmingdale State College
- Be a member of a historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged group
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or better
- Guidance and support from faculty
- Participation in regional and statewide competitions
- Tutoring help in subject areas
- Research and internship opportunities
- Visits to graduate schools
- Projects at national universities and research labs
- Conference participation
- Preparation for licensing exams and entrance exams
- Participation in industry and technology research
- Employment placement assistance
- Opportunities to mentor middle and high school students
- Paid employment opportunities