Objectives of the Center:
1. To operate and maintain the existing PV system and keep the same in good repair.
2. To collaborate with solar energy companies, utilities, and government to attract research grants from state and federal government agencies.
3. To make available data on solar energy on the college web site for access through Internet nationally and internationally.
4. To initiate projects on solar energy for senior students in Mechanical , Electrical Engineering Technology and Architecture/ Construction Management programs. The projects could be from solar energy companies to study specific aspects of solar energy, and /or other sources.
5. To use the present systems as demonstration units for visitors from community, industry groups and clients of solar energy products suppliers and installers.
6. To provide training in installation, operation and maintenance of solar energy equipment.
7. To initiate research projects with outside institutions such as Brookhaven National Laboratory.
8. To play an important role as a partner in the Long Island Solar Roofs Initiative.