Solar Alliance Info Session
Location: Smart Energy House at Farmingdale State College
Time: 1:00pm or 6:00pm
Date: November 15. 2017
SunPower by EmPower Solar and Farmingdale State College Alumni Association are proud to offer a Solar Alliance Discount Program to FSC alumni, employees, and their families.
Attend one of two information sessions on 11/15 (1pm lunch session or 6pm dinner session) to learn how Farmingdale Affiliates can receive an exclusive discount of up to $800 on a home solar system. Topics covered:
- Solar 101 - How solar works
- NYS tax credits, rebates
- Ways to go solar; purchase? lease? finance?
- Top questions to ask when researching solar
- How the Farmingdale solar incentive works
- Tour the smart house and learn about the 20 panel solar system on its roof
If you can't attend a session, but are interested in the alliance program, sign up
here for more information:
Event is FREE to Farmingdale alumni, students, faculty, staff, and their families but pre-registration is required.
How Safe is Long Island Water?
Location: Lupton Hall Room 130A
Time: 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Date: November 30, 2017
Do you know how to calculate radioactivity and atomic energy dose in your tap water? Dr. Carmine Vasile, will discuss how to determine who in LI may be affected. He will describe necessary medical tests to be taken and the algebraic approach to determine radioactive decay and how it may affect residents. This will explain how to analyze your tap water for Radon-222.
• Law Suit - Long Island Pure Water Ltd. (the "Citizens") for violations of the Comprehensive
Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (Join lawsuit @ www.longislandpurewater.org)
• NYS drinking water council – classified 1,4 Dioxane, Perfluorooctanoic acid [PFOA], Perfluorooctansulfonic acid [PFOS] as emerging contaminates, but failed to include Radon (Rn-222) and its seven decay products.
• Discussions will include Newsday articles about LI water.
Dr. Carmine Vasile, PhD Electrophysics
- Ph.D. Electrophysics (1972), M.S. Electrophysics (1967), both from The Polytechnic
Institute of NY; B.S.E.E. City College of New York; 80% of M.S. Management courses
at The Polytechnic Institute of N.Y. (1979-1981)
- 8 years as Staff Engineer at Grumman Electronic Development Center, NY Duties: Devised an error-correction system required for advanced Space-Time Radars and Communication Systems. Inventor of the Year 1992, Grumman Corporation for Grant from the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Related Inventions
- 4 years as Consulting Engineer at Hazeltine Corporation, Green lawn, NY Duties: Trained and supervised several engineers in active and passive MIC and MMIC design and fabrication. Upgraded microwave design/simulation/fabrication capabilities
- 8 years as Member of Technical staff at Science Center, Rockwell International, Thousand Oaks, CA Duties: Research & Development of SAW devices and non-destructive testing (NDE) systems.
- Sample of IMPORTANT PAPERS: "Residential waste water heat recovery system: GFX" was the U.S. Department of Energy's Contribution to the December 1997 Newsletter published by CADDET [Center for the Analysis and Dissemination of Demonstrated Energy Technologies]
- Outstanding Paper Award for 1993 from the Hardened Electronics and Radiation Conference. "Triple-Balanced Floating FET Mixer"
- Has 30 patents listed
To register please send an email to Donald Grieco
Innovation Seminars: Smart Cities
Time: 11:00am to 1:00pm
Date: December 5, 2017
To inspire the next generation of students, the German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. in New York (GACCNY) is organizing the Innovation Seminars Event Series at four New York area universities. Farmingdale State College is proud to host one of them.
A select group of leading German companies from the field of smart cities will present their latest innovative products and reference projects. This serves not only as a great way students to connect their classroom studies to real-world products and services but also as a unique networking opportunity.
Dr. Jan Fritz Rettberg, Head of Innovation Management, Institute of Energy Systems TU Dortmund University
Jon Lemmond, PE, CEM, LEED AP, Senior Engineer, Baumann Consulting
Michael Rockwood, General Manager, Eluminocity
Bernhard Pfleger, CEO, Pixida USA Inc.
For more information please contact:
Eva Coblenzer, Project Manager, Business Development Consulting, German American Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com