Pre-Health Professions Advisement (PHPA)
The office of Pre-Health Professions Advisement (PHPA) provides valuable assistance as you work towards your career goal of enrolling in a health professional school.
PHPA offers guidance to students preparing for admission to professional schools of medicine (MD & DO), dentistry, physician assistant, veterinary, chiropractic, pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, and physical therapy.
Services provided by the office
- Assist in setting up a timeline for the application process
- Identify requirements for application and
- Admission to various programs
- Advisement with recommended and required courses
- Collection of letters of recommendation
- Opportunity for a committee interview and letter
- Assistance with personal-statement writing
- Career counseling
- Interview preparation
- Assistance with test preparation services
- Exposure to professional school recruiters