Academic Advisement & Information Center
The Academic Advisement and Information Center (AAIC) is a hub of activity, support, and essential resources dedicated to assuring the academic success of all students at Farmingdale State College.
The Academic Counselors are available to offer general academic support and guidance to all students by appointment and on a drop-in basis. If you have any questions related to academic matters, a good place to turn for answers and referrals is the AAIC.
Some of the specific ways in which the AAIC can assist you are:
- Academic Counselors, partnering with faculty advisors, offer guidance to students on degree requirements and course scheduling
- The AAIC serves as a one-stop information center where students can have questions answered and receive referrals on such matters as: How do I register for classes? Who is my assigned academic advisor? Is there a pre-health advisor? Where can I get information on study abroad? Where can I get tutoring help in math? Who do I see about my financial aid package? Am I eligible to join an academic honor society? I have been placed on academic probation....what does that mean?
- Students can use the AAIC as a resource where they can obtain forms and receive guidance pertaining to important academic matters such as change of major, course add/drop, application to declare a minor, and permission to withdraw from a course.
We invite and encourage all FSC students to become familiar with the resources on this website and to visit us at the AAIC.
The AAIC will be closed on Thursday, July 4th and Friday, July 5th
Orientation Dates: Tuesdays, July 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
Please note the AAIC will not be available for non-Orientation advisement appointments on these dates.
Make an Appointment, Please Click
Please note: We DO NOT advise for the following Majors:
- Bioscience students with 28 or more credits/sophomore status
- Business Majors with 30 or more credits/sophomore status
- Liberal Arts
- Non-Matriculated Students
- Professional Communications
Contact your Department directly for advisement.