Academic Advisement Directory
Academic Advisement is essential for your success at Farmingdale. We want you to take full advantage of the wide range of courses and academic programs – as well as the support services – available at the College. We also want you to stay on track and graduate on time. So, before you select and register for courses, contact and meet with your assigned academic advisor.
What follows is a complete directory of assigned academic advisors listed by degree program. Simply click on your degree program, then click on your major, and you will find instructions for contacting your assigned academic advisor.
- Associate Degrees
- Baccalaureate Degrees
- Non-matriculated Students
- Research Aligned Mentorship Scholars
Academic Advisement and Information Center
About the Academic Advisement and Information Center (AAIC)
The AAIC is a hub of activity, support, and essential resources dedicated to assuring the academic success of all students at Farmingdale State College. It is located in the lower level of the Library and Information Commons in Greenley Hall.
Some of the specific ways the AAIC can assist you are:
- Selecting courses and registering for classes
- Understanding General Education requirements
- Identifying and locating your assigned academic advisor
- Selecting or changing your major
- Declaring a minor
- Obtaining and completing important academic and administrative forms (e.g. curriculum change, course withdrawal, general education waiver)
- Responding to academic alerts such as an Early Warning notice or Probationary status
- Learning about academic honor societies at Farmingdale State College
- Seeking and applying for outside scholarships
When in doubt, be sure to obtain correct information and guidance from your academic department and from the AAIC.
AAIC Location and Contact
Greenley Library, Lower Level
AAIC Office Calendar
Fall Hours (Monday, Aug 22nd - Friday, Dec 23rd)
Monday, Thursday, Friday ~ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday ~ 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Walk-in Wednesdays, 11:00am - 3:00pm, 15 minute appointment for questions and / or
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call or email us to request a courtesy cancellation.
The NEW DATE for Winter Commencement will be Monday, January 23rd, 2017