Academic Advisement Directory
Academic Advisement is essential for your success at Farmingdale. We want you to take full advantage of the wide range of courses and academic programs – as well as the support services – available at the College. We also want you to stay on track and graduate on time. So, before you select and register for courses, contact and meet with your assigned academic advisor.
What follows is a complete directory of assigned academic advisors listed by degree program. Simply click on your degree program, then click on your major, and you will find instructions for contacting your assigned academic advisor.
- Associate Degrees
- Baccalaureate Degrees
- Non-matriculated Students
- Research Aligned Mentorship Scholars
Academic Advisement and Information Center
About the Academic Advisement and Information Center (AAIC)
The AAIC is a hub of activity, support, and essential resources dedicated to assuring the academic success of all students at Farmingdale State College. It is located in the lower level of the Library and Information Commons in Greenley Hall.
Some of the specific ways the AAIC can assist you are:
- Selecting courses and registering for classes
- Understanding General Education requirements
- Identifying and locating your assigned academic advisor
- Selecting or changing your major
- Declaring a minor
- Obtaining and completing important academic and administrative forms (e.g. curriculum change, course withdrawal, general education waiver)
- Responding to academic alerts such as an Early Warning notice or Probationary status
- Learning about academic honor societies at Farmingdale State College
- Seeking and applying for outside scholarships
When in doubt, be sure to obtain correct information and guidance from your academic department and from the AAIC.
AAIC Location and Contact
Greenley Library, Lower Level
Walk-in Wednesdays, 11:00am - 3:00pm, 15 minute appointment for quick questions and / or concerns. For advisement and registration, please schedule an appointment.
WHENEVER CLASSES ARE CANCELLED OR DELAYED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, THE AAIC WILL ALSO BE CLOSED DURING THOSE TIMES. YOU CAN RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT USING THE BUTTON BELOW.
Alert to newly admitted 1st year students entering fall 2017
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call or email us to request a courtesy cancellation.
All non-matriculated students who need advisement should schedule with Amber Kuchler
Please click here to schedule an appointment
AAIC Office Calendar
Spring Hours (Thursday, Jan 26th - Friday, May 19th)
Monday & Thursday ~ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday ~ 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday ~ 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Important Events for Academic Success
Spring 2017 AAIC Workshops for Academic Success - all workshops will be held at 11:00 AM