Farmingdale State College plays a critical role not just in teaching its students, but in shaping them. At Farmingdale, you will enjoy small, personalized classes that prepare you for a successful career through the use of real-world technologies and critical thinking. Whether it's working alongside award-winning faculty in a research laboratory or experiencing a hands-on internship, Farmingdale is a place where knowledge is a path to achievement and discovery.
As part of the State University of New York, Farmingdale State College has access to numerous resources for students and faculty. It is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education* and offers many specialized accredited programs in the areas of healthcare and engineering.
Established in 1912 as an institute for agricultural study, Farmingdale quickly developed into a college of applied science and technology. Today, Farmingdale State College is the largest college of technology within the State University of New York system with over 8,600 students enrolled.
- Named one of the best colleges in the North in US News and World Report 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 rankings
- Ranked among top 150 public colleges in the nation in the earning power of graduates in 2012, according to payscale.com
- Business First's 2017 rankings of the top public colleges and universities in the U.S. placed Farmingdale in the Top 25%.
- Our School of Business programs rank in the Top Ten Best on Long Island,according to Zippia.com
- Quality education at a great value—about $6,500 annual tuition (in-state residents)
- Offers 39 masters, baccalaureate and associate degrees
- Ranked twenty-fifth most safe campus in the U.S. in a 2016 nationwide statistical analysis, according to universityprimetime.com
- Highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program
- Technology-Enhanced “Smart” classrooms located throughout academic buildings
- In a survey of 2014-15 graduates, 91% of respondents reported employment within 6 months of graduation, and of those employed 74% are employed in a field related to their degree.
- Ranks #25 in the top 40 baccalaureate colleges hosting international students, 2014/15 according to the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report on International Education Exchange.
- Named Clean Air Champion, 2017
* Farmingdale State College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 267-284-5000.