Farmingdale State College plays a critical role not just in teaching its students, but in shaping them. At Farmingdale, you will enjoy small, personalized classes that prepare you for a successful career through the use of real-world technologies and critical thinking. Whether it's working alongside award-winning faculty in a research laboratory or experiencing a hands-on internship, Farmingdale is a place where knowledge is a path to achievement and discovery.
As part of the State University of New York, Farmingdale State College has access to numerous resources for students and faculty. It is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education* and offers many specialized accredited programs in the areas of healthcare and engineering.
Established in 1912 as an institute for agricultural study, Farmingdale quickly developed into a college of applied science and technology. Today, Farmingdale State College is the largest college of technology within the State University of New York system with over 9,200 students enrolled.
- Named one of the best colleges in the North in US News and World Report 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 rankings
- Schools.com ranked Farmingdale #9 among 126 four-year schools in New York State
- Business First's 2017 rankings of the top public colleges and universities in the U.S. placed Farmingdale in the Top 25%
- School of Business programs rank 6th in the state, according to Zippia.com
- Buccareer.com, which ranks schools on the basis of ROI, ranked Farmingdale at #23 in its TOP 50 list. Only one other Long Island school made the list.
- Quality education at a great value—less than $7,000 annual tuition (in-state residents)
- Offers 39 masters, baccalaureate and associate degrees
- Ranked 25th most safe campus in the U.S. in a 2016 nationwide statistical analysis, according to universityprimetime.com
- College Choice listed FSC in its list of "50 Safest Small Colleges and Universities" for 2016.
- Highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program
- Technology-Enhanced “Smart” classrooms located throughout academic buildings
- In a survey of 2015-16 graduates: 91% of baccalaureate degree recipients indicated they are continuing their education and /or are working
- 88% of respondents reported working in New York City metropolitan area with the majority of them working on Long Island
- Ranks #25 in the top 40 baccalaureate colleges hosting international students, 2014-15 according to the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report on International Education Exchange.
- Named Clean Air Champion, 2017
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) honored the college with its Excellence and Innovation Award. Farmingdale won in the Regional & Economic Development category, for the work being done by Broad Hollow Bioscience Park and the Smart Grid Corridor Project.
- Community for Accredited Online Schools listed Farmingdale's Construction Management programs as one of the best in the nation among public four-year colleges.
- College Factual rated Farmingdale in the Top 5%, Top 10% and Top 15% in various categories a total of 19 times. Bang for the Buck was noted too: In the Best Colleges for the Money category, Farmingdale ranked in the top one-third among institutions in the U.S., Mid Atlantic, and New York State. Freshman retention was rated "High," as was Ethnic Diversity. On the other end of the spectrum, as other ranking organizations have noted, crime at FSC is 'Low."
* Farmingdale State College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 267-284-5000.